• FEB 2013 – New Mexico Court of Appeals rules in favor of Pecos River Open Spaces establishing New Mexico precident……READ MORE HERE.
• SAVING THE PECOS RIVER: a community of conservation
Article by Rici Peterson of the Santa Fe Conservation Trust
• Continued Research and Grant Seeking for the Zeedyk Plan – a proposed $50,000+ effort to repair erosion, rebuild river banks and restore a more river-friendly crossing to the Swimming Hole area. P.R.O.S. is seeking grant monies and donations for this large effort.
P.R.O.S. partners with the Santa Fe Conservation Trust to put land under conservation easement. In tandem with private landowners, we have protected 1,093 acres of the Pecos River Valley in Northern New Mexico.
lfeld, NM area properties held by PROS:
Cerrito Amarillo tract: 32 acres
Swimming Hole tract: 17 acres
Coonly tract: 60 acres
Pecos 16 tract: 16 acres
Private tracts: 964 acres
Total protected 1,093 acres
ZEEDYK EROSION WORKSHOP MATERIALS TO VIEW / SHARE
• Workshop Notes
• Workshop Photos
• Bill Zeedyk’s AN INTRODUCTION TO EROSION CONTROL
• Bill Zeedyk’s AN INTRODUCTION TO INDUCED MEANDERING
• Acquisition and protection of several tracts of wild riparian land along the Pecos River near Ilfeld, NM and placement of those tracts into conservation easements through the Santa Fe Conservation Trust..
• Fence repair along the NW corner of our 60 acre “Coonly Tract” to protect from neighboring cattle grazing.
• Continued investigations into surrounding tracts of land with the interest of placing them into conservation easement.
• Continued river clean-up work, surveying of plant and animal species along the river, general monitoring of the health of the Upper Pecos River and its surrounds.